Lactic peel is a milder chemical peel made up of AHA/ Alpha Hydraulic Acids. They are derived from milk and thus are milder.
It suits sensitive skin. Also, if you are getting a chemical peel for the first time and have never got it done before, the lactic peel is the choice.
Lactic acid peels suit all skin types whether mature, oily, or dry skin. Lactic acid peel usually has a concentration of 40 to 70%. Also, you need to repeat lactic acid peel for desired benefits.
Lactic Acid Peel Gives You The Following Benefits:
- Exfoliates your skin: Thus, you can get cleared of dead and dull skin cells.
- Deep cleans your pores: Lactic acid peel clears excess oil and impurities.
- Gives you a younger-looking skin: Lactic acid peel stimulates the production of skin collagen. Thus, it reduces your wrinkles and fine lines and gives you younger-looking skin.
- Fights uneven skin tone and dark spots: It clears the pigmented areas of your skin, dark spots, and aging spots and evens your skin tone. It is suitable for melasma also.
- Brightens your skin: Lactic acid peel removes tanning caused by sun exposure and brightens your skin.
- Fights acne: By removing excess oil, and drying up excessively oily areas, lactic acid peel fights acne. It helps you balance your skin pH levels.
We clean your skin first with a mild cleanser. Then, we apply a prep solution so that your skin is clean and oil-free. We follow it up with lactic peel and let it sit for a few minutes. The first peel is a milder one and with a lower concentration, usually 30%. For further peels, we increase the concentration of lactic acid gradually so that it is not harsh on your skin.
The timing is the key. We need to keep the peel for a specific number of minutes based on your skin type. The longer we keep, the more the chances of penetration and could be harsh on your skin.
Once we remove the peel, your skin looks pink. But you will start noticing the benefits of lactic acid peel in the coming days and not right away after the peel. Make sure you avoid the sun with hats/ sunglasses.
You may notice some dryness, flaking, or redness after the lactic acid peel but it usually recovers in up to 36 hours.
Repeat the lactic acid peel every few weeks for the best results.